How To Clean Your Dog Bed
Cleaning cushion inserts isn't something you do often, and hopefully you won't need to. In the event that your Pillow Pocket Dog Bed becomes a bit grubby, or if your dog has an accident, we’ve put together a quick and helpful guide to freshen it up again.
General Maintenance Clean
Step 1: Unzip the cover and remove the inner. Hang the inner outside in the sun to air out.
Step 2: Cold machine wash the cover on a gentle cycle. Hang in the shade to dry. Important: Close the zipper before washing.
Accidents happen, especially if you are training a puppy or have an elderly dog. If washing only the cover won't cut it, you may need to take steps to clean the inner.
The inner is made from recycled polyester which means it can be washed, but the general rule with cushion inners is to wash as infrequently as possible.
If your cushion inner smells
- Wipe the inner with a damp sponge or cloth, soaked with water and a little detergent.
- Sprinkle some baking soda evenly on the inner to soak up any smells
- Leave in the sun to dry, then vacuum off the baking soda.
If you need to deep clean it
- Fill a bucket, sink, or bath tub with warm water and a little laundry detergent
- Submerge the cushion inner in the water and knead it so that it soaks through. If there is any dirt inside you should see it release into the water
- Empty the soapy water and refill with clean water. Knead the cushion inner again until all the detergent has been washed out of the inner.
- Place in the sun to dry.
A good tip to remember is that the inner is not visible when inside the bed, so it doesn't have to look immaculate. You just want it to be clean and comfortable for your dog.